Me? A boy? No, of course not, I am surely a man. I lead my choir, concealed with black cloaks. We strutted in unison as we tried to interpret our surroundings. The raging sun was beating down on our backs and the sound of panting created a strange savage-like rhythm. We were in a dream-like state after the plane crash and I was oblivious to what lurked in the jungle beyond. Or at least what I thought was a jungle. There was innocent silence all around us. We were no more than an unknown entity wandering through an uninhabited place. Perhaps we were on an island. Then, breaking the silence, there came a loud upturn from the shore. You could hear faint frolicking as the island sounds were interrupted. I struggled with my own confusion. I stopped to ponder through my thoughts but my imposing fear seized all my senses. Perhaps, there was someone else on the island. Maybe someone we wanted to meet or maybe someone to avoid? Was it possibly something we did not want to cross paths with at all? At any cost, I decided to take a risk. The choir and I ventured toward the unfamiliar sound.
I was confident they wanted me to reign but was shocked when not one hand lifted in my honor. Then everyone cheered for “Ralph”, which I now assume is the tall boy’s name. I admit that I panicked, but I wasn’t about to let it show. I imagined the situation a bit differently. Then, after scattering my thoughts among the sand, I came to the conclusion that this is only the beginning. I will surely become leader. I must prove my self. After all, who is Ralph to me anyway?
0 comments:
Post a Comment