Quote 1~ We all know how easily manana can morph into never where a Latina’s future is involved. ~Page 96~ Paragraph 2~ Narrator~
Significance~ I think that this quote relates to the question, “What hardships do the characters endure as they make a new life?”
Personal Connection~ I chose this quote because I was interested in why she stated Latina’s in general. It may have something to do with them having fewer opportunities; contrary to the reason they originally immigrated to America.
Question 1~ Why do you think she is talking specifically about a Latina’s life?
Quote 2~ “Dispossession is happening on all levels.” ~Page 212~ Paragraph 4~ Narrator~
Significance~ I think that this quote relates to the question, “What hardships do the characters endure as they make a new life?” They come for a new life, but the reality is everybody is facing difficult times.
Personal Connection~ I think that this quote is extremely true. I also think that its completely opposite from my first quote.
Question 2~ What do you think the author means by all levels?
Journal #9 from the perspective of Bob Ewell
17 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment