CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

To Kill a Mocking Bird *4* ~Ch. 10-12~ Perspective: Mrs. Dubose

Jeremy and Jean Louise were walking to town, just the two of them. I never understood why that man, Atticus, let those troublemakers have free range of the neighborhood. They bothered me, and I let them know so. I do have the right to speak to them as they pass by my property. Even if I did not, who would stop me? It was my pleasure to let them have a piece of my mind. I chuckled every time those two feebleminded children contradicted me. They thought they new better than everyone else, a feature that must have been obtained from their father. I once overheard those darn kids say that they weren’t proud of their father. This may have been the one time I did not disagree; instead, the next time saw them I chose to elaborate on their conversation. Serves them right to know what he really is, nothing but a nigger lover. They walked by as if I was completely inaudible as I revealed the sad truth about Atticus being no better than the niggers and trash he works for. Perhaps not being my contemporaries, they did not understand my wording. As they reached the end of the street, I made my point once more, “Your father is a nigger lover!” I felt accomplished and walked inside. I know hoped that as they stepped on the sidewalk that bordered my house, they would feel considerable peril. Planning to avoid me would only make it worse; I would hate to see them attempting to be inconspicuous. What happened next was quite the opposite. I perched myself by the window and Jeremy’s face soon came into sight. He seemed upset as his brow was furrowed and we gripped a baton firmly. I wonder what a boy of 12 has to worry about anyway. I blink my eyes and to my disbelief, Jeremy is trampling my camellias! He is swinging at them with the baton as well. My eyes shoot to Jean Louise’s who looks frightened. As soon as Jeremy felt satisfied, he raised the baton over is head, cracked it on his knee, and thrust it on the ground. I was in complete shock…I hated those kids! I guess all I could do was call that nigger lover.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read this Post you started all nice and the more I read the meaner you got and I rally liked that and when I reached the bottom of the post I was not that surprised that you said that you hated Jem and Scout